To build the confidence and skills of NGO staff to use and analyse the essential figures of financial reports for programme management and accountability to stakeholders
This course is primarily aimed at non-finance programme staff who need to be able to use different types of reports in their work, including:
- Understanding the financial management importance to NGOs and define its principles & tools
- Using budget monitoring reports to monitor and manage progress of projects or programmes;
- Assessing partner NGOs’ financial capacity and programme performance; and
- Reporting to donors and other stakeholders.
Finance officers will also find the course useful if they are new to NGOs and management reporting.
The course will cover:
- Overview of the four buildings blocks of a financial management system and where reporting fits into the picture.
- Who needs reports? The different types of report for different users.
- Where do the figures come from? The link between budgets, accounting records and financial reports.
- Taking the fear out of financial statements
- Using the Budget Monitoring Report for project management and control.
- Reporting to donors – tips and techniques.
- What to look for in the figures – ratio, variance and trend analysis techniques.
Duration: The training will start on Friday, March 06th, 2020 for 24 hours (8 sessions) according to the following schedule:
|06/3/2020||Friday||4:00 – 7:00||ICP|
|13/3/2020||Friday||4:00 – 7:00||ICP|
|20/3/2020||Friday||4:00 – 7:00||ICP|
|27/3/2020||Friday||4:00 – 7:00||ICP|
|03/4/2020||Friday||4:00 – 7:00||ICP|
|24/4/2020||Friday||4:00 – 7:00||ICP|
|01/5/2020||Friday||4:00 – 7:00||ICP|
|08/5/2020||Friday||4:00 – 7:00||ICP|
Course fee: NIS 450 per participant, to be paid upon registration, which covers training materials and Certificate of Completion that will be granted to participants at the end of the course.
For Registration: the participant has to fill in the attached Application for Admission and submit it to the ICP by March 05th, 2020 at the latest.