Ms. Enas Elias
Academic and Career Counselor
De La Salle Hall, D-103a
022741241 ext. 2340
Academic and Career Counseling offers the following services to current students:
Help students with all academic policies and program requirements (e.g. paradigms of majors, add-drop periods, GPA calculations, probation and dismissal, graduation criteria).
Contribute to university policy development and implementation related to student services, academic advising, and academic challenges faced by students.
Coach students in how to deal with advisors, chairs and deans in all matters related to student academic advising, [registration, absences, changing majors or minors, readmission] and progression towards graduation.
Help students identify their preferences, talents, skills, dominant and less dominant abilities toward the selection of their academic major.
Provide students with resources for developing study skills and time management skills.
Collaborate with Senior Student Counsellor in following up students who have a low GPA and are at risk of probation and dismissal.
- Provide career information and career counseling services to students, including information on careers and employment requirements and opportunities.
- Conduct career tests, interpret test data and communicate findings in concurrence with the Senior Counselor.
- Organize and/or conducts training workshops for students in employability skills and entrepreneurship.
- Network with employers to maintain a current list of job openings for students preparing to graduate.
- Lead the planning and execution of the Career Day.