Assistant to the Dean of Students
De La Salle Hall, D-101a
022741241 ext. 2429
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
In coordination with the Dean of students, the assistant:
- Coordinates, supervises, plans, and implements programs of all student activities and projects of a co-curricular nature.
- Assists in developing, planning, and coordinating special events including but not limited to student events, recreational activities, and student leadership development opportunities.
- Initiates and organizes activities pertaining specifically to increase female students’ participation.
- Assists and advises student active groups regarding program planning, use of facilities, program arrangements, services and available equipment.
- Explains and monitors compliance with University policies and procedures pertaining to student activities.
- Seeks to connect student events in the local community and to increase community awareness of the University, including assisting in general recruitment and conducting campus tours.
- Maintains and publishes a calendar of student events and activities.
- Coordinates and maintains active relations with Palestinian universities and local organizations.
- Coordinates different issues with the student counselor
- Helps and assists students with disabilities
- Issues permitions for student visitors and library users
- Responsible for organizing different events in the university like:
- The Orientation Program for the freshmen students
- The Open Day
- The Christmas Party
- Women’s Day
- Honors Day
- May assist in developing and designing various informational and promotional materials and publications about student activities.
- Assists in the Student Senate elections
- Assists in the graduation ceremony.
- Represents the Dean of Students in his/her absence in specific functions.
- Assist the dean of students in the strategic plans for the student affairs office