Technology Infrastructure and Support Unit (TIS)
We strive to provide a state of the art services at the University community in the following areas:
- Physical network design, implementation, bidding, documentation, supervising, and maintenance
- Administer and maintain University servers
- Secure the network
- Complete backups
- Upgrade and maintain network operating system software as necessary (Novell,NT, LINUX, Windows, etc.)
- Upgrade and maintain other network systems such as email servers, DNS servers, DHCP servers, firewalls, etc.
- Provide internet connectivity for the University: maintenance, follow-up when problems occur, analyze needs, and monitor regularly
- Create and maintain network accounts for all staff, faculty, administration, and students
- Provide software disk images for different computer models in computer labs as well as in classrooms and offices.
- Provide expert consulting to other departments in the fields of networking and advanced UNIX workstations and scientific software (such as physics, biology, and computer minor program)
- Provide wireless internet connection for personal laptops of BU staff.
Bidding and Inspection – Purchasing
- Write details of IT-related bids, and decide on best source when prices are available
- Inspect newly purchased equipment to match ordered specifications and approve invoices payments
IT Services and Support
- Provide hardware and software assistant to other departments
- Prepare newly arrived computers with necessary software and appropriate BU setup (internet, email, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Hardware problems diagnosis and repair.
- Software problems troubleshooting and repair.
- Document production assistance (includes assistance to other departments in producing professional documents that would require certain formats and features.)
- Statistical analysis and data entry
- On-demand reports (includes various kinds of reports requested by the various administrative departments, such as the registration office, finance office, academic vice president office, vice chancellor office.)
- Provide supplies and accessories to BU offices
- Report annually on supplies to all departments by departments and total counts
- Maintain the supplies room (labels, inventory control, etc.)
- Maintain inventory records of all supplies including arrival dates and suppliers
- Maintain an inventory and report on IT-related equipment on campus and off campus.
- Provide annual report on inventory by departments and total counts by category (printers, computers, scanners, etc.)
- Properly label all inventory items on campus
Training and Workshops
- Provide in-office training as needed
- Design and provide IT-related workshops on periodic basis when new technologies are put to use on campus and as the need arises
Bethlehem University has three different Computer Labs equipped with variety of advanced computers (software and hardware) and high-speed internet. Bethlehem University continually works on updating the Computer Labs.
The Computer Labs are open to Bethlehem University employees and students with minimal fees. Further, a work-study program enables students to work and study at the same time.
- Füglister Lab
The Füglister Computer Lab, located on the ground floor of the Millennium Hall , is operated by the supervisor of computer labs and his student assistants at Bethlehem University. Use of the facility is reserved for currently registered students, staff, and faculty of Bethlehem University. The facility is not open to the general public.
- S-306 Computer Lab
The S-306 Computer Lab, located on the third floor of the main building , is operated by the supervisor of computer labs & his student assistants at Bethlehem University. Use of the facility is reserved for currently registered students, staff and faculty of Bethlehem University. The facility is not open to the general public.
- D-113 Lab
The D-113 Computer Lab, located on the first floor of the main building De La Salle Hall, is operated by the Supervisor of Computer Labs and the student assistants. Use of the facility is reserved for currently registered students, staff, and faculty of Bethlehem University. The facility is not open to the general public.
Supervisor of Computer Laboratories
IT Support Staff
Issa Abu Awad
IT Support Staff
Manager of Technology Infrastructure & Sup. Unit