Welcome to the Samir Aweidah Clinical Simulation Center (CSC)
The center replicates a real-world environment that is safe for teaching and learning. Simulation education bridges the gap between classroom learning and real-life clinical experiences that further promotes patient safety, clinical reasoning and evaluation.
The CSC contains advanced, modern equipment enabling the students to engage in a variety of nursing skills. These range from observing to actively apply their knowledge and skills utilizing real-life case studies with the goal of improving the students’ competence, confidence and safety. The center allows students nurses to provide care for patients in various settings and specialties. After the patient encounter students are guided by a facilitator in a debriefing. This is a crucial part of the simulated clinical experience because it allows the learner to reflect on the experience, learn from the experience, and be able to apply the learning to future experiences. Simulation increases knowledge, confidence, skills, and outcomes, and is beneficial for helping students transition to practice.
It is not just Bethlehem University students that benefit, the center is open to all health care providers and Palestinian organizations to increase their skills and gain certification in the courses of Basic Life support (BLS)and Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) both accredited from the American Heart Association (AHA).
Such leading facilities advance the faculty of nursing and its mission to produce graduates of exceptionally high quality. For the students and community healthcare organizations, we welcome you. I would like to thank all involved from Bethlehem University who have helped us in making the simulation center such a success and an integral part of nursing education.
Mariam S. Awad
Dean of Nursing
The simulation laboratory at Bethlehem University represents a state of the art facility that encourages all learners to engage in exceptional clinical experience in a safe, dynamic and supportive learning environment by demonstrating and reinforcing the highest level of nursing competencies and performance.
Nursing Simulation Laboratory at Bethlehem University will be a leading simulation Center in Palestine that will turn out generations of health care professionals who are highly qualified to serve the community and improve the quality of care and safety with their advance knowledge and evidence-based practice.
The Clinical Simulation Laboratory experience will:
- Enhance and promote patient safety and quality health care by integrating simulation within the nursing and health sciences curriculum.
- Provide a risk-free environment for student learners that reinforce critical thinking and decision making.
- Reduce human error by enhancing students’ ability to promote patient safety and quality health care.
- Increase clinical competencies and skill development through selected critical thinking scenarios.
- Enhance the development of professional behavioral-based on ethical, legal, and regulatory standards.
- Improve individual and team performance, their communication, and efficiency in clinical setting.
- Promote evidence-based decision making for a professional practice based on the international standards of care.
- Promote empowerment of the student in preparation for the clinical setting and provide opportunities to enhance caring behaviors towards their peers and patients.
- Facilitate debriefing and positive feedback to enhance student learning.
- Encourage students to self-analyze their performance and use critical thinking during the reflection process to meet the self-regulatory needs of all health professionals.