Module Description & Objectives:
This module is designed to complete a student’s foundation in purchasing and food and beverage controls. Students learn how to establish standards and standard operating procedures to purchasing, receiving, storing, issuing, production, menu design, sales and service with the goal of maximizing revenue and profit potential of a food and beverage establishment.
Module Learning Outcomes:
Upon satisfactory completion of this module, a participant should have the ability to:
- Explain and utilize the menu management cycle of control
- Explain and create standards and standard operating procedures for purchasing, inventory, requisitioning and issuing of product.
- Describe and apply receiving procedures
- Identify proper storage conditions and procedures
- Explain menu costing and selling
- Construct a sales income control policy and procedures including POS.
- Identify theft prevention methods
Program Duration & Capacity:
12 sessions of 3 hours each for a total of 36 hours
Maximum capacity of 16 participants
Hotel and restaurant cooks.