FOM-140 Module: The Last Impression – Check-out and Settlement
Module Description & Objectives:
This module covers the steps of hotel check-out and account settlement process. Upon completion of the module, the participants should be able to process a guest’s request for account settlement as quickly and efficiently as possible while maintaining a control system for both the guest and the property.
Module Learning Outcomes:
Upon satisfactory completion of this module, a participant should have the ability to:
- Identify and describe the important functions of the check-out and settlement processes.
- Outline the basic steps using the appropriate phraseologies of the check-out and settlement process.
- Describe the accepted methods of settlement of guest account.
- Enumerate the different check-out process options available to the guests.
- Explain the late check-out policies.
- Understand the use of a guest history record.
Participants must successfully complete FOM-130 before proceeding. Ideally, each participant should have taken previous courses such as Principles of Tourism and Principles of Management.
Program Duration & Capacity:
Four (4) sessions, three (3) hours each. Maximum 25 participants.
The target group is students interested in front-of-the-house positions of a hotel, specifically in the Front Office Department.