This travel agency management course is designed for diploma level certificate program and prepares students to help tourists make the best travel arrangements by coordinating hotel accommodations, transportation, sightseeing tours, cruises, resorts and specialty travel groups, and offer advice on various destinations. Agents provide travelers with information about destinations, such as local customs, regulations, monetary exchange rates, weather conditions and attractions. Travel agents advise travelers on the required paperwork for traveling, including passports, visas and vaccination certificates.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Define travel and tourism concepts.
- Explain the historical development of travel and tourism concepts.
- Identify the structure of travel industry.
- List the enterprises and their functions in the travel and tourism industry.
- Identify the factors motivating people to travel.
- Recognize the reasons of people choosing travel intermediaries.
- Develop awareness on the effects of travel and tourism on destination countries.
- Identify the economic, social and environmental effects of travel and tourism on destination countries..
- Explain the characteristics and activities of travel agencies.
- Comprehend the foundation and organization structures of travel agencies.
- Defines the activities of travel agencies.
- Identify the relationship between travel agencies and other enterprises.
- Explain the relationship among transportation, tour operators and travel industry.
If you are looking for an excellent Travel Manager to craft effective travel policies and monitor traveling activity and programs. You will be the go-to person for any relevant matter from booking tickets to reconciling expenses to ensure travel safety. A travel agent doesn’t just handle travel arrangements. He /She should be a strategic thinker able to create travel policies according to the company’s needs. If you add excellent people skills, organizational ability and a great deal of professionalism, then you’re the right person for the job.