Mission, Vision, and Values
The Office of Academic Affairs supports, enhances, and promotes the mission of Bethlehem University by fostering academic excellence and providing overall leadership for all academic programs of the University. The Office advocates for, supports, and sustains excellence in teaching and learning; scholarship, research, and creative activity; and community engagement and public service. The Office is committed to creating an environment conducive to academic excellence and responsible citizenship.
The Office of Academic Affairs works to advance an academic environment in which quality, innovation, rigor/challenge, and active student learning and engagement are paramount. In accord with Bethlehem University’s mission, the Office will be known for enhancing educational processes; promoting excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service; and fostering a spirit of inquiry and independence of mind in the pursuit of knowledge, all in service of the common good. The Office strives to promote a University culture that supports faculty, academic staff, and administrators at all career stages through a responsive and innovative professional development program.
The Office of Academic Affairs:
- Is committed to a broad academic foundation in the humanities, the arts, social and natural sciences, communication, and quantitative reasoning;
- Promotes high-quality, challenging, and responsive academic programs;
- Values student-centered learning and teaching focused on student engagement and success;
- Protects freedom of inquiry and independence of mind in pursuit of knowledge;
- Values professional development designed to enhance the quality of teaching and learning, scholarship, and outreach;
- Encourages interdisciplinary and international scholarship;
- Recognizes and supports the importance of lifelong learning;
- Supports collaboration/partnerships both within and external to Bethlehem University;
- Demonstrates integrity, transparency, and stewardship of resources;
- Reinforces an environment of continuous improvement and quality assurance through assessment of programs, processes, and outcomes;
- Recognizes and rewards academic accomplishments and leadership; and
- Advocates for students, faculty, and academic programs.