The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards has announced the call for nomination to the 13 of the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards in cooperation with The Spanish National Research Council (CSIC). In Palestine, PALAST coordinates the nominations to this award.
The BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards recognize and reward world-class research and artistic creation, prizing contributions of singular impact for their originality and significance.
The scheme distinguishes particularly significant scientific advances of a theoretical, methodological or empirical nature, technological, innovations and developments, and outstanding contributions in the social and humanities domains. Honors also go to achievements of excellences in performance, composition, musical and stage direction, and the creation of video art associated with musical or opera works. Finally, a category is reserved for endeavors directed at analyzing and acting against climate change.
The eight categories of the BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards are:
· Basic Sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
· Biology and Biomedicine
· Information and Communication Technologies
· Ecology and Conservation Biology
· Climate Change
· Economics, Finance and Management
· Music and Opera
Interested faculty members should submit their nomination portfolio to PALAST to be nominated for the award. No self-nomination will be accepted.
· Brief summary of the candidates’ achievements, including the main reason for their nomination (max. 1,000 characters)
· Signed nomination letter
· Separate narrative describing the nature and importance of the contribution for which the candidate is being nominated with the reasons why the candidate merits the award (max. 3 pages, single-spaced)
· Recent CV
· Additional nomination letters (up to 30).
Please send your Nomination to Dr. Ayman Alhaj Daoud (PALAST) by Sunday, 28 June 2020, in order to proceed with BBVA Foundation Frontiers of Knowledge Awards