Bethlehem University in the Holy Land, is seeking a very well-experienced and highly qualified candidate to serve as The University Secretary. The University Secretary is responsible for the effective governance of the University and for its professional services, by managing and supporting the operations of the governance and the executive management bodies of Bethlehem University. The University Secretary engages with all senior staff in executing the decisions of the Boards, Senate and the Executive Council, and has overall responsibility for ensuring that the University complies with the highest standards of governance.
- A Master’s degree in Governance, Administration, or other related field is required.
- At least, 5 years of experience in a senior position in a university, or multi-national company, or senior experience in a relevant institution dealing with confidential matters and has experience of the effective management of committees, boards and other groups.
- High level of administrative and management skills.
- Interpersonal Skills—maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Strong sense of integrity and ethical conduct in carrying out responsibilities and maintaining confidentiality
- Demonstrates accuracy, attention to detail, and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Teamwork – ability to encourage people to collaborate, share ideas, etc. ….
- Problem-solving – identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with the University’s mission, standards, practices, policies, procedures, and that is in compliance with government regulations.
- Demonstration of professional standards in appearance and actions.
- High level of skill in summarizing technical documents and presenting these to senior groups in the university.
- Excellent leadership skills and ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills as well as interpersonal skills. Knowledge of Arabic language is advantageous.
- Ability to travel abroad to fulfill responsibilities,
Qualified candidates can submit their applications and three professional reference letters from their former employer to the HR Office by noontime 25 May 2021, or email it to: HR@bethlehem.edu
Applications that don’t meet the qualifications, competencies and lack the three required professional references will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.