Assistant to the Dean of Students
Bethlehem University is seeking a very well experienced and highly qualified candidate to serve as the Assistant to the Dean of Students. Under the general supervision of the Dean, the Assistant to the Dean of Students, collaborates with other members of the Student Affairs Office. He/She is actively involved in a variety of complex and responsible administrative activities on behalf of students. In particular, the Assistant to the Dean of Students coordinates, organizes and leads day to day programs of student activities; performs research, assists with preparing reports and budgets; provides to students information on university policies, procedures, standards and requirements; and establishes and maintains good public relations with staff, students and the community at large.
- At least, 5 years of experience in the area of student affairs and services.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or any related field (Master’s degree is advantageous).
- Maintains professional standards of confidentiality regarding students’ personal matters.
- Works independently and with the Dean of Students
- Leadership skills to oversee communication initiatives for students and motivates them
- Effective and efficient operation, planning, instruction
- Resolves all space and building issues promptly and effectively
- Ensures all students groups activities and programs are carried out with positive results
- Ability to establish close working relationships with students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing in both Arabic and English.
- Accepting of diversity among people.
- The ability to build network relationship with local and International organizations.
- Ability to lead and work with a team.
- Demonstration of integrity, honesty, a sense of responsibility and loyalty in the performance of all duties.
- Demonstration of professional standards in appearance and actions.
- Interpersonal Skills—maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Dependability—is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Teamwork – ability to encourage people to collaborate, share ideas, etc.
For more details, please read the attached Job Description.
Qualified candidates can submit their applications, including 3 professional references, by 22 June 2021, to: HR@bethlehem.edu
Applications that do not meet the qualifications, competences and lack the three required professional references will not be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview