Mission and Objective
The mission of the Software Engineering program is to provide students with knowledge and skills that enable them to design, code, test and manage large quality-measured software systems. Faculty members together with industry partners will work to produce graduates with outstanding professional and practical skills. Graduates will be equipped with in depth knowledge of Software Engineering that is supported by the study of the theory and practice of Computer Science.
- To provide a systematic study of the theory and principles of programming and software engineering, computer technologies, and the role of software engineering systems in organisations.
- To develop an ability to analyse software’s problems and formulate practical solutions to these problems, coupled with the ability to critically evaluate the approach and techniques used.
- To provide opportunities for the development of practical skills in software development in a business/industrial context.
- To develop key skills and competencies to support the student’s progression into a career in the software industry or further academic study.
- To provide the ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability.
- To understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
The graduate of this program can work as a Software, SW, Requirements Analyst, SW architect, SW Designer, Programmer, Database Administrator, SW Troubleshooter and Maintainer, or a SW Operational Engineer.
Faculty of Science News
Bethlehem University team Runtime Error qualified to participate in the…
Three faculty members at the Faculty of Science gave 30…