The Tour Guide Program is a tri semester certification program designed to train students in
the history, geography and culture of the Holy Land. Students will develop skills required to
become a professional tour guide .
|· Gather and interpret information about important touristic sites in the Holy Land.|
· Comply with ethical and social values of tour guiding.
· Know and apply the rules of group management.
· Plan, lead, organize and control resources for effective and efficient operations.
· Practice empathy and respect for diversity and cultural differences.
· Value and practice communication skills, active listening and critical thinking.
· Apply responsible tourism practices.
· Apply basic principles of first aid
People who complete a tour guide certificate program are eligible to sit for the Palestinian
Ministry of Tourism and antiquities tour guide licensing exam and are qualified to work as
tour guides or travel guides. However, some travel industry veterans caution that the field
is very competitive and recommend accumulating experience working for local tour operators,
and or as freelancer city guides.