Applications are now being accepted for the United Nations Global Climate Action Awards. These awards shine a light on the most innovative, scalable, and replicable examples of what people around the world are doing to tackle climate change.
Applications are welcomed from organizations, communities, cities, businesses, universities, governments and others that are taking concrete action on climate change.
Winners will receive:
- Participation at the UN Climate Change Conference in Glasgow, Scotland, in November 2021;
- Access to policy makers and potential funders during the conference;
- Public recognition by the UN Climate Change secretariat;
- Public relations support and media training; marketing materials, including promotional videos;
- A dedicated page about your project on our website; and professional photography.
Projects should be in one of three areas:
- CLIMATE NEUTRAL NOW: Efforts by individuals, companies and governments that are achieving real results in transitioning to climate neutrality.
- FINANCING FOR CLIMATE FRIENDLY INVESTMENT: Financial innovations and funding mechanisms that are unlocking climate finance and building capacity.
- CLIMATE LEADERS: Transformational efforts by governments at all levels (national, provincial, state, city, town) that are moving the needle on climate change.
The webpage for the Awards is available here.
For essential information, including eligibility, selection criteria, and how to apply, see here.