The Pre-School Program is designed to preparing and training child educators within these levels: KG1 (3years)/ KG 2 (4years) and KG 3 (5years). This program aims at graduating highly qualified educators, who realizes the importance of early years of the person. It also distinguishes itself by adopting modern education philosophy that considers education as an active developing process, where the learner is the center in approaching knowledge and develop it in his/her practical life. The program adopts teaching methods that go along with life experiences and make learning happen according to child’s cultural and developmental characteristics.
Program Learning Outcomes
By the end of the program students are expected to:
Knowledge and understanding:
- Demonstrate clear comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the learning theories, educational perspectives and modern teaching methods used with Lower Basic Level school children.
- Grasp knowledge and understanding of the characteristics of early childhood development from birth until the end of the phase, in addition to the rules and principles that control the growth and development process.
- Become familiar with the child-centeredness philosophy and the Holistic Integrative Approach and all learning principles based on this philosophy and all related international acts concerned with child care and protection; such as the International Act of the Right of the Child.
- Grasp knowledge and understanding of the educational measurement and assessment foundations, guidance and counseling.
- Grasp knowledge and understanding of the different teaching/learning strategies and classroom management skills appropriate with children with different educational needs and individual differences.
- Grasp the basics and ethics of scientific research and appropriate researches for each specialization.
- Analyze and critique the different developmental theories, documents, principles and accredited educational materials.
- Employ reflective, creative and critical thinking skills in the planning, application and evaluation processes.
- Create an environment that instills creativity in the learner, encourages him/her to participate, supports his/ her indecency and active learning.
- Employ scientific and action research principles in the teaching/learning process.
- Plan learning based on modern learning method that adopts the Learner-Centered Approach and considers the particularity of the Palestinian curriculum.
- Employ academic and scientific writing skills in the educational process.
- Link specialization with subjects, fields and different life situations.
- Effectively use communication skills, utilize technology in education and prepare teaching/learning aids.
- Organize time.
- Show positive attitudes towards the child as a human learner.
- Show awareness of the demands and ethics of the teaching profession and its regulations.
- Appreciate the role and importance of the active learner in the teaching/learning process.
- Practice own reflection to develop his/her performance.
- Commit to cooperation and communication with concerned partners in order to improve the quality of education.
- Show openness towards different education views and opinions.
- Show commitment and responsibility towards issues in the Palestinian society, and work for justice and freedom.
- working in cultural and community centers related to children and education