The Arabic department goals correspond with the University vision and mission in meeting the needs of the Palestinian people.
The Arabic Department is aware of these needs and attempts to offer the essential skills through the various, teaching methods, seminars, and different assessment methods while taking into consideration the graduates’ needs in teaching methods in the journalism and translation field. The Arabic department faculty set, modify, add, adjust and revise the objectives using different assessment tools such as assignments research, educational material and extra-curricular activities that are based on the feedback and the department guidelines.
General and specific objectives
- evaluate the students’ belonging to their mother tongue that presents their identity and culture
- Provide local and international markets with graduates who are qualified to work in the teaching media and translation field.
- Prepare the students for graduate studies
- Empower students with the methods of scientific research.
- Educate students about the Authentic Arab Values
- Develop Arabic language taste.
- Enlighten the student of the importance of the Arabic language and role in public life.
- Increase Student language prosperity
- Strengthen the principle of freedom in expressing and accepting other options.
- Accept, respect and appreciate the literature.
- Reinforce and promote the teaching profession, journalism and translation.
- Reinforce and motivate the journalism and media in search of seeking the truth.
- Promote integrity in scientific research.
- Reinforce the credibility and objectivity in the media and journalism writing.
- Motivate the students towards seeking new knowledge
- prepared qualified translators in various fields of translation
- Prepare specialist reporters in the journalism field and audiovisual written media
- Enable students to produce newspapers, documentaries and radio programs,
Program Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course the student will be able to:
- Know the basics of Arabic language skills: reading writing listening and speaking.
- Have adequate knowledge about modern and classical literary genres.
- Know the characteristics of the Arabic language and its various styles.
- Know the influences and vulnerability of the Arabic language and its literature through the ages.
- Critically analyze literature poetry and prose.
- Know the modern poetry rules in different life situations.
- Developed in creative Arabic literature writing skills, media, and research.
- Know the cultural and knowledge-based of the genesis of the Arabic language and the history of its development.
- Know Arabic language grammar.
- Know the rules of verb forms.
- Know the poetry rhyme.
Skills in the Arabic Language:
- Express their ideas using oral language.
- Express their written language by taking into consideration the grammar, spelling and morphological ( form and content ).
- Use proper linguistics and literature sources.
- Prepare scientific research according to the research scientific methods.
- Analyze literary texts according to various texts analyze methods.
- Speak the stander Arabic language.
- Know the comprehensive reading and audio rules.
- Express correct text according to their rules.
- Adopt Arab values by mastering the Arabic language.
- Honor their Arabic belonging and identity.
- Commit to research methodology ethics.