Module Description & Objectives:
This module discusses the factors involved in planning effective menus for a variety of food service operations. Students will learn and apply skills of professional menu development while learning how to properly document and control Food & Beverage costs and analyze sales. Course content includes basic menu planning principles, layout and design, factors that impact menu item selection, menu pricing, menu sales performance and mix analysis, and menu planning resources.
Module Learning Outcomes:
Upon satisfactory completion of this module, a participant should have the ability to:
- Identify and discuss customer expectations including the different classifications of restaurants and the customer needs they fulfill
- Apply the basic principles of menu creation and planning while differentiating between the different types of menus
- Explain menu components, classifications, and produce 3 menu designs and layouts
- Design a Table D’hôte , a cycle menu and an a la carte menu
- Discuss Buffet menu and special events show menus
- Set menu prices and analyze menu sales performance and mix
Program Duration & Capacity:
4 sessions of 3 hours each for a total of 12 hours
Maximum capacity of 16 participants
Hotel and restaurant cooks.