Applications are open now for the 2022 – 2024 CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program.
This program supports early career researchers around the world to expand their networks, collaborate across disciplines, and explore cutting-edge ideas with unrestricted research support.
New members are recruited annually, for a two-year term in a CIFAR research program, a global, interdisciplinary network of top-tier research leaders.
Selected scholars receive:
- $100,000 CAD in unrestricted research support
- Mentorship from a senior researcher within a CIFAR research program
- Opportunities to network, collaborate and form a community with peers from diverse disciplines across CIFAR’s research programs
- Specialized leadership and communication skills training, and support to put your skills into action.
The research programs accepting applications for this cycle of the program are:
- Bio-inspired Solar Energy
- Child & Brain Development
- Gravity & the Extreme Universe
- Learning in Machines & Brains
- Quantum Information Science
- Quantum Materials
Applicants may be based anywhere in the world, must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research. Scholars’ research interests must complement or contribute to the themes and goals of an eligible CIFAR research program.
For more details see the program overview at: https://cifar.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/GlobalScholar_ProgramOverview_F.pdf
Applications must be submitted online at: https://cifar.ca/next-generation/global-scholars
The deadline to submit applications is October 27, 2021 (11:59 pm PDT).
For more information click here.