About The Council
The Administrative Council is an advisory body to the Vice President for Human Resources and Administrative Affairs on administrative matters pertaining to all employees at Bethlehem University. The Council facilitates communication between the administration and employees at all organizational levels regarding university policies, practices, and programs and fosters closer working relationships between organizational areas and groups of employees.
The Administrative Council is concerned with:
Discussing, formulating, reviewing and/or recommending updates to employee policies and procedures.
- Considering grievance cases and making the appropriate recommendation to the concerned authority or the Vice Chancellor, as appropriate.*
- Examining cases of breaches of University rules, regulations and ethical violations by employees and communicating the findings to the Vice Chancellor with recommendations as to the appropriate measures to be taken.*
- Reviewing and updating the Academic Staff Handbook and the Handbook for Administrative/Support and Service Staff recommending corrections, adaptations and possible alternative suitable administrative structures.
- Coordinating a system to provide an avenue for employee feedback on employee related matters.
- Ensuring compliance with Palestinian Labor law as well as Bethlehem University’s rules and regulations as outlined in the Academic Staff Handbook and the Handbook for Administrative/Support and Service Staff.
- Any other related matters as deemed necessary by the Vice President for Human Resources and Administrative Affairs.
*When considering grievance cases or breaches or university rules etc. the council may invite specific individuals (eg Dean/Supervisor) whose input may have a bearing on the issues being discussed/examined.
Membership of the Administrative Council:
Vice President for Human Resources and Administrative Affairs (Chair)
Br. Stephen Tuohy
Assistant Vice President for Human Resources and Administrative Affairs (Recording Secretary)
Mr. Jihad Abu Amsha
Three representatives from the Academic Council
Dr. Muna Matar
Dr. Fadi Kattan
Ms. Hanadi Younan
Three representatives from Administrative/Support and Service Sections
Mr. Isaac Sahhar
Mr. Elie Sammour
Mr. Nagib Nasser
A representative from the Executive Committee of the Employees Union
Ms. Minerva Jarayseh
Criteria for Selection of members:
- Managerial Role
- Minimum of 3 years’ service at BU
Membership on the Administrative Council is by appointment for two years’ duration renewable for another term.