FSS-120 Module: Advanced Food Safety
Module Description & Objectives:
This capstone Food Safety course will identify and explain HACCP principles and provide students the skills to create a complete HACCP plan and self-inspection. Students will be prepared to pass an international food safety manager certification exam.
Module Learning Outcomes:
Upon satisfactory completion of this module, a participant should have the ability to:
- Identify the main causes of food borne illnesses their symptoms, source/mode of transmission and associated foods
- Identify and explain the seven HACCP principles.
- Prepare a flow chart for a ready to eat food and identify the critical control points.
- Prepare a flow chart for a cook and serve food and identify the critical control points.
- Prepare a flow chart for a food that is prepared in advance and identify the critical control points.
- Prepare a complete HACCP plan for a food that is prepared in advance.
- Identify specialized processes that require stringent food safety measures including a HACCP plan
- Discuss the importance of and conduct a self-inspection
Program Duration & Capacity:
2 sessions of 3 (three) hours per session
Managers and Supervisors: Restaurants, Hotels, Caterers