Mission and Objectives
The mission of the department is to prepare a generation that takes pride in its language and culture. This generation exhibits and enjoys several characteristics mainly belonging to their nation: open to other human cultures; able to interact with past, present, and future; capable of solving problems; capable of absorbing and assimilating the different variables of their age; able to benefit from all developments which provide them with the essentials of development; capable of surviving; and able to assist their nation and people to be creative and innovative.
Department Overall Goals:
- Supply the Palestinian society with qualified teachers at different academic levels in addition to translators and journalists;
- Equip and qualify graduates with knowledge in scientific research;
- Qualify graduates to pursue their higher education; and
- Qualify graduates in areas of service to the Palestinian society.
- Strengthen students’ mastery of reading, listening, writing, and speaking skills;
- Introduce students to different old and modern genres;
- Introduce students to their language characteristics and styles;
- Make students aware of aspects of the reciprocal impact of and on the Arabic language and literature over the ages; and
- Equip students with methods of critical thinking, literary analysis, and poetic taste.
- Master nonverbal expression in a flawless meaningful language;
- Master verbal expression in accordance with rules of syntax and semantics;
- Excel in the use of linguistic and literary references;
- Prepare scholarly research in accordance with the standard approach of scientific research; and
- Excel in the analysis of literary texts in accordance with different analytical approaches.
Faculty of Arts News
Bethlehem University Welcomes Delegation from Pompeu Fabra University
March 12, 2023
The Department of Social Sciences at Bethlehem University welcomed a…
Mandate Mass for Ramallah Graduates
February 17, 2023
The Department of Religious Studies at Bethlehem University held a…
No Events Available
Meet the Faculty
Qustandi Shomali, P.hD.
Lina Abed Rabbo, MBA (Unpaid Leave)
Rabah Wahdain, M.A.
Khalid Faqih, M.A.
Mohammed Banat, Ph.D.
Mohammed Breijeya, M.A.
Shereen Aburumman, M.A.
Mohamad Halsah, M.A.
Mumen Al-Badarin, Ph.D.
Zein Al-Abideen Al-Awawdeh, Ph.D.
Khalil Issa, Ph.D.
Ziyad Banishamsa, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Chair of the Arabic Department