Mission and Objectives
The mission of the department is to prepare a generation that takes pride in its language and culture. This generation exhibits and enjoys several characteristics mainly belonging to their nation: open to other human cultures; able to interact with past, present, and future; capable of solving problems; capable of absorbing and assimilating the different variables of their age; able to benefit from all developments which provide them with the essentials of development; capable of surviving; and able to assist their nation and people to be creative and innovative.
Department Overall Goals:
- Supply the Palestinian society with qualified teachers at different academic levels in addition to translators and journalists;
- Equip and qualify graduates with knowledge in scientific research;
- Qualify graduates to pursue their higher education; and
- Qualify graduates in areas of service to the Palestinian society.
- Strengthen students’ mastery of reading, listening, writing, and speaking skills;
- Introduce students to different old and modern genres;
- Introduce students to their language characteristics and styles;
- Make students aware of aspects of the reciprocal impact of and on the Arabic language and literature over the ages; and
- Equip students with methods of critical thinking, literary analysis, and poetic taste.
- Master nonverbal expression in a flawless meaningful language;
- Master verbal expression in accordance with rules of syntax and semantics;
- Excel in the use of linguistic and literary references;
- Prepare scholarly research in accordance with the standard approach of scientific research; and
- Excel in the analysis of literary texts in accordance with different analytical approaches.
Faculty of Arts News
Bethlehem University held a memorial ceremony to honor Dr. Said…
The Bethlehem University community is mourning the death of Dr.…