Policies for the Use of Discussion Rooms
- The discussion rooms are for the use of teaching faculty, staff, and currently-registered students. Users will be required to sign in a logbook to enter the discussion room and should take care of the equipment and resources and be accountable of the room’s upkeep.
- Users will be required to sign in a logbook to get the key to the discussion room and be accountable for the room’s upkeep and the care of its equipment and other resources.
- NO eating, smoking and littering are allowed in this facility. Be considerate to the next users.
- A Library Staff will be in charge of monitoring the observance of the above policies and users are requested to follow strictly the abovementioned regulations.
- Anyone who does not abide with the abovementioned regulations will be met with disciplinary action such as fines and suspension of privileges.
Thank you for your most valued cooperation!
Library Administrative Team
PLEASE TAKE NOTE THAT:
- Booking the DRs on the first and the second floors must be done only during the five working days (Monday through Friday) between 8 AM and NOT later than 2:00 PM. Please be advised that the reservations are done online and 24 hours prior to start time.
- Discussion Rooms which are located on the ground floor are for walk-in requests. It is imperative however that reservations are done an hour earlier; if no one is using either DR, 30 minutes will be enough to book one.
- The online reservations will be cancelled after 20 minutes of the actual reserved time if the users don’t show up.
- The group of students that is allowed to use any of the DRs should be at least 3 members or more.
- The purposes of using a discussion room are:
- Preparing for, and discussing a seminar with the adviser or fellow students.
- Preparing a group presentation.
- Discussing a group project.
- Studying for an exam as a group.
- Assembling a lab report as a group.
- Preparing a research or a report as a group.
- Tutoring/Coaching (between a teacher and student/s).
- Meeting/s of teaching faculty (take note that the number of seating capacity of all DRs in all 3 floors range from 6 -13 persons).
- Training session for a group