Mission and Objectives
The Bethlehem University Library strives to acquire and to make accessible the necessary print and electronic resources necessary for academic programs, research, extracurricular activities, and community engagement.
The mission of the Bethlehem University Library is to serve the academic community of students, administration, faculty, staff, graduates, visiting researchers and the Palestinian community by providing materials, resources, technological services and facilities to meet educational needs.
The Library pursues this mission through acquiring, organizing, and maintaining the requisite information resources, equipment and materials. Moreover the library provides an environment conducive to the search for and exchange of knowledge to facilitate lifelong learning. The library serves as a vital component of the educational mission of the University to form the whole person.
The Bethlehem University Library also hosts the Turathuna Center – a resource center which aims at promoting knowledge of and love for Palestinian heritage and culture.
- Provide collections and services to meet the needs and interests of the academic community.
- Utilize appropriate technologies to maintain and improve Library operations and services.
- Promote the awareness and use of the Library’s resources and services.
- Coordinate and open channels of communication with the university faculties and departments for the sake of developing the Library’s collection and improving the services.
- Develop and maintain mutual relationships with other libraries in the region and with cultural and educational institutions.
- Develop qualified and highly motivated staff that is service-oriented. Create a work atmosphere of professional competence to achieve high standards of performance and productivity.
- Provide and maintain appropriate and upgraded facilities to enrich the learning-teaching process.